Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Emerald vs. SL Viewer

Hmm.

Hmmmmmmm.

There are some really cool features to Emerald. The ones I like the most are the skins (omg♥!) and the force ground sit feature.

I do not like the boob physics. As someone who has boobs, I think it looks pretty damn creepy... Because that is not how they move. (I bet you can get some settings that do look pretty realistic, but frankly I have better things to do than zoom in on virtual breasts.)

Anyway, I used to use Emerald a lot, then it kept crashing. Bah! After a long time without, I decided to try it out again. And lo, it's at least a little better now that it's update. So far so good.

So I guess I will do this in the form of a table? Looks like I'll have to handcode. Shrug.

WTF blogger fails at tables. Whatever.




LL ViewerEmerald
  • Standard, official.
  • Sit only on objects or "ground"
  • Default AO sucks.
  • ...
  • Max idle time: 10 minutes.
  • Homebrew, good luck.
  • Sit anywhere you gorram please
  • Comes with its own AO, if you choose to use it.
  • Extra goodies (that you'll rarely use)
  • Max idle time: 97 DAYS.

Ugh, I can't think of anything. I don't actually care about most of the differences, as I said above. So this isn't much of a review, just pointing out one thing that I discovered today:
max idle time.
WITHOUT using an anti-idle device, you can stand around afk for 97 days before Emerald marks you away. I like this for when I'm busy in another screen.

Or camping. But I've got a job now, so camping will be even further reduced.

Speaking of job: I made a "fan" group for myself. Yes, I'm that conceited... Well... it was suggested in the notes given as employee introduction (or whatever the word I'm looking for is). And I figure... what's the harm?

It is currently NOT listed in Search, but if you're interested, drop me an IM and I'll invite you to join. If I go farther with this "career path," so to speak, I'll make it public.

Umm not much to say.

Lots of work to do IRL, so I'm off. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment